Skip to main content

Sometimes... just sometimes when a relationship is under a strain...!

Sometimes... just sometimes when a relationship is under a strain...


 

Sometimes, a relationship goes through a very rough patch, bump, curve, phase, stage, whatever you would like to call it, it can be pretty daunting!! In the last few months I have been witnessing a lot of various stories that I cannot name for personal reasons, plus there is the confidentiality aspect that I would like to respect and maintain. However, there is something I can definitely do, use these stories in a generalized manner to describe the kind of painful and damaging things I have come to experience and learn about life, particularly relationships.

To begin with, all I want to say that at times when the strain of a relationship gets too much to deal with, it will go through a phase where it will crack, snap or break.. Some may consider it to be the end of a relationship, but for others it could be re-assessing the relationship and looking at one's own mistakes and flaws and how things could improve and how to go about appreciating each other rather than always looking for faults in each other and trying to attain perfection, which is impossible for us humans to attain, since only God Himself is Perfect. Unfortunately, we human beings are way too selfish than one can imagine.

For instance, when we do not have someone to love, we pray to God to give us someone who would whole-heartedly love us and accept us despite our flaws and stupidities. When we finally find someone, we do not appreciate them, when things progress and we get married we further complicate everything. For example- men will start straying or seeking pleasure and temporary companionship in the form of another lady-interest who will be the so called 'healing' or 'cure' to their scrambled heart. Whilst, men tend to blame their wives for being the source of problems, they blame them for nagging, fighting and constantly complaining, what they fail to see is how they are the root of the problems and they fail to rectify this improper behavior.

Men feel it's okay for them to go out and find themselves a 'female friend' or 'a temporary companion' but when the same act is performed by their other half ' their wife'- this act is strongly abhorred and women are accused of being characterless and immoral and therefore divorce should be immediately issued. I would never patronize the idea of a wife going out and straying in the way her husband does, not because she cannot- there are many immoral women out there who cheat their kind and rightful husbands who can be described as 'real men'. I would strongly oppose the idea of any woman going behind the back of her husband and cheating him, even in a weak moment. Yes, one may question, well why not? If my husband can go around and not care about me and hurt me deliberately, why am I obliged to maintain this dignity, honor and tag of being 'his wife' when my rights are simply crushed? The answer to this comes in many forms. Firstly, for women, regardless of whatever faith or religion they belong to, no religion teaches women to deceive and betray their husband. Secondly, in Islam particularly, a woman has responsibilities, not only towards her husband, but her children and family respectively. Furthermore, if a woman started going around and 'pimped' there would be no difference between her and the person betraying her trust.  Thirdly, Allah punishes those who deliberately plays and break someone's heart for their own personal interest. Fourthly we have no right to betray someone's trust, especially not our family or a heart that loves. Fifthly, what goes around comes around. Sixthly, the meaning of loving and being married means patience, compromise, understanding, sacrifice and respect. Each of these elements has to be maintained. No relationship escapes the clutches of difficulties.

Some people believe in just breaking a relationship sooner because they feel it is the easy way out and this way the pain and sorrow will simply demolish and both parties will be better off without each other. What really irritates me and annoys me about men in general is how when you give your 200 percent to them and make all those sacrifices for them, they will slap your face by saying ' you deserve someone better than me'. It is as if this signature line has been programmed in the minds and hearts of men. I wrote this blog relating to online relationship statuses a long time ago, but I feel the need to draw light upon it in this blog too because it is relevant in this context. What makes me really angry is the way married men go online and pretend to be single and despite the fact they know their wife is on their Facebook, they will keep adding girls for the sake of fun or 'being friends only'. I am sorry I beg to differ that men should have the liberty of going around and playing around, they feel it's okay for them to turn up the doorstep about 8 months or 1 year and simply say ' I AM SORRY' and the stupid wife will forgive him given the fact she loves him. Is that her mistake? Probably it is, not because she is too kind, but she has been granted with compassion and a soft heart and the ability to tolerate, surpass a man. If God were to give a man a woman's heart, they would understand how difficult it is to be a woman and how hard it is to deal with infidelity. The funny thing is, a man would rather chase an ‘outgoing’ woman who is the wrong kind of company for him, he would rather have a seductive girlfriend and when he wants to get married, he looks for the most decent woman, what a total hypocrisy. You may feel my blog is targeted against men, no I am not a feminist totally but I do strongly feel against all these inequalities women are experiencing when they do not even deserve it. The sad part is, it is these men who were dying to get married to these women in the first place, trying to win their heart and when they finally do, they either lie to their parents about their relationship with them, change their behavior for the worse & simply start betraying. In essence, no form of responsibility is taken. For all the male readers out on the Internet, remember, no woman likes to moan or nag unless she is not given a reason to. We women are only in need of ‘genuine love, care, respect and attention’ not ‘designer bags, Jewellery or things’, these materialistic things cannot give us hugs and embrace us in our tough battles of life which are mostly sealed behind our lips.

It is heartbreaking to see these married men betray their wives and more over make their wives look like the ‘bad person’.


I shall continue Part 2 in the next blog!

 
Peace


*Arabian Oud (R)*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most hardest thing by Arabian Oud {R}

I couldn't help writing a blog for so many days, life has been so busy and more hectic than ever. But thank God for that. I am happy doing what I am and a lot of things in life seem stable. But for the past few days or weeks I have been in an inner turmoil.The most hardest thing at times in ones life is when they can not pour out their inner emotions to people around them, especially those they love and a re close. Sadly these relationships wire you so much that you fear losing them and you want to just display a very normal and very composed pattern. When all ears turn deaf or maybe your words stop churning and you end up in a corner which is confined for yourself. Normality, it seems flips and it turns you into an insane human being. You lose your mind and every therapeutic effort seems a waste. You need to wake up and ask yourself where your going wrong. Sometimes the people you come across are simply not worth your time. Do not rush into emotions, if you get an equal vibe tha

FOREVER LOVE- DOES IT EXIST?

I often ask myself,does true love exist? out of curiosity, this question hoovers around my mind, coz I have seen the majority cry over in love rather than be happy in love. When your alone, you wish you had someone and when you have that someone, your either happy or miserable, soon the short lived happiness turns ugly and all that feeling of love and compassion is fake. I am a non believer in love, but I ask you all, do you believe in love? do you even think something such as 'true love' exists? I would admit, I have come across few very few people who have fought for their love and stood firm and remained sincere and loyal through out.. but then, that's so rare to find, like they say 'true love is soo rare to find',like good things and people are rare to find. Once we lose them, it's then we realise their value, we never value something or someone till we have them, coz we think, we don't have to worry about anything and will never lose them. This is a wro

MISUNDERSTOOD- by Arabian Oud {R}

MISUND ERSTOOD At first they you pretend you care, But in reality you were ignorant, You offered help by lipservice, Nothing practical at all, Everytime I was depressed, You thought it was plain drama, Kept saying 'grow up girl', Changes were noticed slowly, The one day you went away, Here I was seeking love and support, Even my friends abandoned me, Everytime they met,it was about them, I pondered on what I had achieved, But there was no answer at all, They don't understand my problems, They never asked, expecting my life go-lucky, Here I am, Sitting on the bed, surrounded by dark walls, Tears keep flowing down nonstop, Wished there was someone by my side, Wiping them away, hearing my pain out, They call me names and think I am bad, They simply don't know my story, Love they say, is a medicine, But I seest that not, it only gives pain, They all called me immature and left, My heart was broken, the music stopped playing, Violins of my heart cried out so bad, Wished, the