Skip to main content

Finally by Arabian Oud {R}


Finally

It’s finally time to leave this cage,
I once called my home,
A place full of peace and security,
But now everything reminds me of you,
Haunts me day and night,
I thought you would always be there,
But that was a big lie,
Hoping to hear from you everyday,
I spent time thinking about you,
Hoping you were next to me,
That look in your face, drove me crazy,
But all that is plain history now,
I am so lonely now again,
I tried to unleash the pain,
And run away so many times,
But every attempt was a failure,
Coz deep down, I had hope,
Wishing you would come back,
And hug me so tight,
Kiss my worries away so bright,
Everyone told me I was dreaming,
I locked myself into deafness,
And slowly drifted into darkness,
But now I hear my voice echo,
My heart questions you,
Where are you my beloved?
Did you ever think of me,
Miss me and love me?
It’s finally time to leave,
I was living in a cage,
You once called ‘ our home’,
You kept telling me,
I couldn’t leave,
But today,
As I walk away into darkness,
I know you will be suffering ahead,
And it is now, you shall realise my worth,
Coz you never valued my existence,
I am finally free, as a bird,
Eager to search the true meaning of life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
a beautiful release of the soul :)

Your words are very well written and i love the ending!

We have to let go of our pasts sometimes, the burden of that is to much to bear..start fresh and make a new better life, and Thank Allah you were blessed with the chance to do that....
Arabianperfume said…
I am thankful to Allah for a new beginning and a new chance but sadly the wounds of past stil remain deep and still haunt me as though there shall be another return.. pure dejavu..

I hope one day I am set free and never feel so insecure ever..

Popular posts from this blog

MISUNDERSTOOD- by Arabian Oud {R}

MISUND ERSTOOD At first they you pretend you care, But in reality you were ignorant, You offered help by lipservice, Nothing practical at all, Everytime I was depressed, You thought it was plain drama, Kept saying 'grow up girl', Changes were noticed slowly, The one day you went away, Here I was seeking love and support, Even my friends abandoned me, Everytime they met,it was about them, I pondered on what I had achieved, But there was no answer at all, They don't understand my problems, They never asked, expecting my life go-lucky, Here I am, Sitting on the bed, surrounded by dark walls, Tears keep flowing down nonstop, Wished there was someone by my side, Wiping them away, hearing my pain out, They call me names and think I am bad, They simply don't know my story, Love they say, is a medicine, But I seest that not, it only gives pain, They all called me immature and left, My heart was broken, the music stopped playing, Violins of my heart cried out so bad, Wished, the...

Towadeeni (you love me) by Arabian Oud {R}

Towadeeni ! You said you love me, But today you behave strangely, As though we aren’t anything special, You treat me so casually, I don’t seem to understand you, Each time I confront you, You say I am being too silly, Bas, your actions don’t follow your words, Is this love I ask myself? You vanish without informing, Keep me worried all along, Maybe you enjoy this attention, But it ain’t no fun believe me, Once, You see me talk to another guy, I notice anger on your face, You puzzle me every time, Coz you never treat me special, Yet are jealous coz I stray, Towadeeni! Don’t make me laugh now, Love ain’t a penny, you keep flipping, I waited for long but now I am leaving, If not today then bacher (tomoro) you will love me, And I am sure of that, Coz ur gona realise, What you lost was something precious No one aint’ gonna take your attitude, I took it for long, coz I loved ya.. Bas now its time to leave , Till you realise what love is.. Note: Image of a model for Abu Haleeqa

YOU SAY I AM BEAUTIFUL BUT I AM UGLY by Arabian Oud {R}

I am beautiful from the outter side but I am so ugly frm inside, you run after the outter side..thinking I am beautiful frm inside, but it aint like tht..majority of the people in this world are plain ugly despite the neat clean image they portray infront of others... They would rather go for someone who's beautiful and corrupt rather than someone who is beautiful and pure. They would want an easy catch, rather a hard to play person. They say 'beauty lies in the eyes of beholder' but I some what refuse to accept this, coz I don't see this happening. It's your outter covering that sells not your inside as a person, not your principles, no matter how educated or talented you are. No matter, how good you are at work or charity or as a family person, they don't wanna know you. The physical attraction that allures you is temporary, what matters is inside, your heart, your feelings, how good you treat someone. The outter beauty ain't gona last forever, what if God...